Crop Production Aid
Spur Shield® is a Pinolene® based resin barrier that may be sprayed on pruning cuts and bark surfaces to seal wounds and inhibit water and bacteria from entering surface cuts. The combination of cleansing and sealing properties is especially effective for crops and vineyards in areas where the pruning season is cold and wet. This type of environment is conducive to harmful bacteria and disease development. Significant reductions in penetration of inoculum into pruning wound cuts have been observed in wine grapes, cherries, plums, and table grapes. Spur Shield provides a physical barrier from bacteria and disease at a critical time in the crop production cycle.
- A superior wound sealant
- Proprietary essential oil blend
- Application equipment friendly
- Pinolene-based resin helps to potentially heal wounds faster
- Cleans and caps wounds
- Reduces water intrusion into pruning wounds that carry bacteria and fungi
- Potential labor savings when compared to hand painted wound sealants
- Acceptable to use alone or with fungicide
How Does It Work?
There are many different types of pathogens that enter wounds or cuts on bark and plant surfaces. Spur Shield is a nature-based, Pinolene® sealant that creates a physical barrier against many wood pathogens that may enter cuts and wounds assisted by rainfall. This barrier can minimize risk of infection after pruning or plant injury.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?