Miller Boro Zinc™ 10-10
Miller Boro Zinc™ 10-10 is a highly soluble specialty fertilizer. It is recommended for foliar applications and is compatible with most existing fungicides and insecticides on the market. It is derived from zinc sulfate and boric acid and contains 10% zinc, 10% boron and 5.2% sulfur.
- Highly soluble
- Helps to activate plant enzymes responsible for protein synthesis
- Can be applied through aerial or ground methods
- Usable post harvest in some perennial tree crops to increase spring health of floral parts
- Improves soil nutrient conditions resulting in potentially higher yields
- Supplements nutrient availability necessary for improving fruit/nut set
- Increase in finger development (bananas)
How Does It Work?
The Boron Zinc mixture is directly involved in the formation and development of fruits. Zinc helps in activating the enzymes responsible for protein synthesis. It is used in the formation of chlorophyll and some carbohydrates, and in the conversion of starches into sugars. Zinc helps processes such as cell division and auxin synthesis in flowers and shoots, especially during bloom.
Boron efficiency is expressed in the growth points of roots and foliage, and also in flowering and fruiting structures. Boron is important for cell wall synthesis and division. Boron fertilization can improve fruit or nut set compared to deficient plants in many crops.
Boron and Zinc are also applied post harvest in some perennial tree crops to increase spring health of floral parts including pollen tubules. Both Zinc and Boron can be absorbed into leaves and translocated within nut trees such as almond trees. Foliar application is more efficient and faster at getting the nutrient into the target tissues (buds); however, both soil applied Zinc or Boron can be effective in increasing the plant level of the applied nutrient.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?