Pod Ceal® is a unique formulation containing cyclohexane polymer concentrate. It is a harvest management tool that helps improve yield capture and crop quality. Pod Ceal reduces the intrusion of moisture into the pod as the crop matures. This reduction in moisture intrusion can benefit the crop when it is exposed to rains or heavy dews during the final stages of development and dry down.
- Forms an elastic, semi-permeable membrane on pods
- Lessens re-entry of water into the dry or drying pod
- Allows crop to reach full maturity and extend pod fill
- Reduces seed sprouting in the pods and pod shatter
- Provides a longer harvest window
- Helps preserve seed quality
- Reduction in staining and seed loss
How Does It Work?
Pod Ceal binds to the pod’s natural waxes, forming an elastic, semi-permeable membrane. This helps limit the intrusion of moisture from rain or dew from entering the pod, while still letting internal moisture out. This reduces the strain on the pod structure and allows the sutures holding the pod halves together to remain intact. Maintaining the integrity of the pod structure allows the seed to fully develop, facilitating delayed swath and/or direct harvesting strategies. Controlling the entry of water reduces splitting/shatter and maintains seed quality.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?