Crop Production Aid
Vapor Gard® anti-transpirant and anti-desiccant is a Pinolene® terpene polymer based product for use on specialty crops as a full-coverage spray to reduce water evapotranspiration. Vapor Gard forms a soft, microscopic film over the leaf and plant surface that reduces the loss of water vapor, minimizing the effects of drought stress. Vapor Gard does not interfere with photosynthesis or respiration, which allows for normal growth and development to continue. The film also protects leaves and fruits against adverse (hot or cold) weather conditions.
- Creates film over leaf and plant surface
- Application equipment friendly
- For use in hot and cold weather conditions
- Minimizes drought stress effects by reducing plant moisture loss
- Improves plant water availability
- Helps to maximize irrigation efficiency
- Can assist in increasing crop size, weight, and quality
How Does It Work?
Once applied and dried, Vapor Gard forms a soft, microscopic film over the plant surfaces. This film has the ability to stretch following its initial deposition, providing protection even when growth occurs. This slows down the transpiration and moisture loss of your crop, allowing plant moisture resources to be concentrated on fruit development. This moisture can then be utilized by the plant yielding a potential increase in crop size, weight, and quality. Vapor Gard, when applied, also helps mitigate cold and wind desiccation effects.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?