Nu-Film® 17 is a superior deposition, sticker, and extender adjuvant with non-ionic properties based on proprietary Miller technology containing Pinolene. Once applied, Nu-Film 17 begins to polymerize, on the leaf surface, forming a soft elastic film. This film reduces the effects of rainfall erosion, volatility, and ultraviolet (UV) degradation on agrochemical spray deposits. Nu-Film 17 maximizes the effective life of an agrochemical after application by encapsulating and holding the pesticide on the crop surface. Miller adjuvants are essential for the performance of most conventional pesticides and are helping to shift use to more environmentally friendly treatment options such as biological pesticides and preventative options.
- Soft elastic film formation over 7-15 days
- Reduction in volatilization
- Easy to use and handle
- Formula does not foam or clog
- Improves agrochemical efficacy due to consistent deposition and retention
- Rainfast in less than 1 hour
- Non-toxic to honeybees*
- Minimal phytotoxic risk to plants
* In both oral and contact honey-bee studies, Pinolene® showed no toxicity at the highest dose (200 μg/bee) compared with criterion of >11 μg/bee threshold for the “practically non-toxic” classification. (US EPA, Health Canada PMRA, & CDPR, 2014, Guidance for Assessing Pesticide Risks to Bees)
How Does It Work?
Nu-Film 17, containing Miller’s proprietary Pinolene technology, forms a soft elastic film on applied crops. Nu-Film 17 polymerizes on the surface and creates a protective coating. This protective coating provides a physical barrier while also serving as a superior sticker extender adjuvant. This increases consistency of deposition and retention of applied products. Miller’s Pinolene technology minimizes pesticide run off due to product movement as a result of environmental factors. Used for over 45 years, Nu-Film-17 sticker extender adjuvant has shown minimal signs of phytotoxicity or observed injury.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other products?