Spodnam® is a unique formulation containing a di-1-p-menthene polymer, emulsifiers, and surfactants. It is a harvest management tool that helps improve yield capture and crop quality by mitigating physical effects of environmental moisture from damaging pod/pedicel integrity. Spodnam reduces the intrusion of moisture into the pedicel / seed head as the crop matures. This reduction in moisture intrusion can benefit the crop when it is exposed to rains or heavy dews during the final stages of development and dry down.
- Works with direct combine harvest
- Excellent coverage on pedicels and seed heads
- Reduces expansion and contraction of seed heads, pods, and pedicels
- Lessens re-entry of water into the seed head
- Help prevent loss in seed quality
- Reduction in staining & seed loss
- Provides a longer harvest window
How Does It Work?
Spodnam provides excellent coverage of the pedicels / seed heads and helps limit the intrusion of moisture from rain or dew from entering the pedicel, while still letting internal moisture out. This reduces the strain on the pedicel structure and allows the sutures holding the pod halves together to remain intact. Maintaining the integrity of the seed head structure allows the seed to fully develop, facilitating delayed swath and or direct harvesting strategies. Controlling the entry of water prevents splitting / shatter and maintains seed quality.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?