Organic Carboxylic Acid Soil Additive
C.F.O.™ is an organic compliant proprietary blend of nature-based carboxylic acids (40%) designed to release soil nutrients for plant uptake during critical growth and development stages. Highly alkaline, cool, wet soils can restrict nutrient availability to plants. The addition of C.F.O. to the soil surrounding the root zone can release these nutrients to be utilized for plant development. This product enhances calcium, phosphate, and micronutrient uptake while solubilizing and leaching sodium out of the root zone in high-sodium soils, which can reduce plant stress.
- Multiple different organically derived carboxylic acids
- Increases nutrient uptake efficiency
- Acts as a chelating agent
- Can be formulated with fertilizer or used alone as a soil applied treatment
- WSDA and CDFA Organic Certifications
- Reduces physiological stress by increasing the availability and uptake of phosphorus and phosphate-bound calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium
- Improves soil nutrient availability and conditions necessary for root and overall plant growth
- Helps keep drip irrigation lines clean in high phosphate soils where the availability of many nutrients is limited
- Improves tolerance to sodium by solubilizing and leaching bound sodium, allowing it to be leached away from the root zone
- Mixes easily without disrupting tank mix compatibilities
How Does It Work?
Carboxylates are exuded from the root system of growing plants as a function of cell division occurring in the root zone. The plant exudates of most significance are frequently referred to as P-mobilizing carboxylates and are often found deficient in many different soils across multiple crops. C.F.O. aids in the conversion and maintenance of soil nutrients during critical plant growth periods. In soils where sodium and calcium are present, applications of C.F.O. solubilize these nutrients into soluble forms of sodium carboxylate and calcium carboxylate. The root system has a strong preference for calcium carboxylate and will absorb it while pushing the soluble sodium carboxylate away. These salts are then leached out of the root zone, further reducing plant stress.
US State Registration
Registered for use in 25 states.Click here for global registration inquiries.
- Not Registered
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?