Specialty Organic Acid
BorrePlex™ OA is a mixture of calcium lignosulfonate and lignosulfonic acid and can act as a chelating agent for micronutrients. BorrePlex OA is a modified organic acid derived from lignin, a nature-based and renewable raw material that contains carbon and sugars. This product acidifies irrigation water, improves water penetration, helps free up bound nutrients in alkaline soil, and supplies carbon to soil microorganisms.
BorrePlex™ OA is a trademark owned by Borregaard AS.
- Highly soluble forms of calcium and sulfur
- Acidifies and treats irrigation water
- Increases soil organic matter
- Aids in leaching of sodium
- Organic compliant
- Assists in maintaining soil pH, reducing alkalinity, and improving water penetration into the soil
- Adds carbon to the soil as a food source for microflora
- Aids in better flow of water and nutrients throughout the soil rhizosphere
- Conditions irrigation water and cleans scale from irrigation lines
- Dissolves bicarbonates normally present in irrigation water, freeing calcium to help build good soil structure and prevent soil from crusting
- Improves fertilizer efficiency by solubilizing nutrients tied up in alkaline soils, reducing buildup of minerals in the soil
- Improves efficiency of alkaline sensitive pesticides
How Does It Work?
BorrePlex OA combines the unique properties of lignin and organic acids. BorrePlex OA provides the benefits of dissolving bicarbonates and lowering pH. The lignin complex acts as a buffering agent against corroding metals which allows BorrePlex OA to be applied with conventional spraying equipment or delivered through the irrigation system. The lignosulphonate molecule in BorrePlex OA displays properties attributed to humus that would be present in soil. It is a source of plant nutrients due to the calcium and sulfur present in the carbon formulation.
US State Registration
Registered for use in 50 states.
Click here for global registration inquiries.
- Not Registered
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?