Calexin® is a translaminar calcium formulation which works to supplement with the plant’s natural ripening and coloring stages. Calexin’s calcium strengthens cell walls, plant and peel tissue on crops, and improves conditions necessary for fruit firmness. It contains 2% calcium and is derived from neutralized calcium carbonate.
- Xylem and phloem mobile
- Patented Nutrient Express® Technology
- Serves as a nutritional supplement during critical developmental periods, potentially resulting in increased fruit firmness and uniform natural ripening
- Strengthens natural plant resistance to disease and environmental stress
- Increases nutrients available, increasing the potential for higher crop production and weight
- Reduces crop stress
- Reduces post-harvest nutritional disorders
How Does It Work?
During periods of rapid growth, fruit development and ripening, plants require energy for proper physiological development and high levels of calcium for fruit quality. Calcium plays an important role in the translocation of carbohydrates, which are the energy supply for plant cells. Calcium also helps activate plants enzymes and stimulates plant resistance to disease. Physiological and environmental crop stress slows down plant metabolism and natural ripening. Consequently, plants suffer and crop development is weakened, while fruit frequently lacks the necessary nutrients (including calcium) required for optimum harvest quality. Calexin translocates through the phloem and xylem increasing calcium mobilization to fruit, which helps to support natural color development.
Have A Question?
Looking to learn more about this or other Miller products?